Can anyone identify this set of coins?

To anyone who has a coin collection…

To anyone who knows about coins, the eras they were traded in and their history…

To anyone who knows someone who knows about coins, the eras they were traded in and their history…

To anyone who knows someone who knows anyone who knows about coins, the eras they were traded in and their history…

You get the drift, right? Any coin collectors out there who can identify this set?

 

One side...

The one side…

...and the other.

…and the other.

Any idea?

Any idea, peoples?

Advertisements

23 thoughts on “Can anyone identify this set of coins?

  1. I got this as a response:
    “Well they’re punch coins. I’m 95% sure they’re from India (or thereabouts)… but India is a big country with a very long and diverse history so pinpointing a time period or region or kingdom or empire is way beyond me. (The other 5% would be middle east or near east but I find that unlikely.)”

    Hope it helped, even a fraction!

    • Welcome to AlphabetWorld! πŸ™‚

      You are a doll! πŸ™‚ Thank you so much. And yes, I’m in India, and I think they’re Indian coins too — unless they’re from the Indus era πŸ˜‰ Very unlikely they’re middle eastern. I wish I could pin point to the time though.

      Thanks so much for sharing πŸ™‚ I hope someone else respond to you to πŸ˜€ Do share!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s